Sunday, July 22, 2007

Busy Week of Baseball


So this week is going to be a busy week of baseball for me, and I have no complaints about that. Last Friday I was at Dunn Tire Park for the start of the home stand. I actually three and a half hours at the ball park Saturday even though the games were postponed because of a water pipe break under the field. I had dinner at Pettibones Grill for dinner before the doubleheader and we could see that the grounds crew was working a lot on the shortstop part of the infield. But I can't say we thought much of it till Kevin the K-Man said that there were no players out on the field warming up and it was 15 minutes before the game. We were informed that the game would start at 6:05, an hour late. But as the night went on we realized their probably would be no baseball that night. The Bisons did have an autograph session after the game was called, so I could get my Joe Inglett and Bubbie Buzachero jerseys signed.

Today I was at the ballpark for the doubleheader between the Bisons and Chiefs which the teams split. Tomorrow the same two teams are back at it again, and it is a doubleheader again starting at 6:05. Tuesday the Charlotte Knights, who just swept the Herd in Fort Mills, come to town. Wednesday is another game against the Knights. Thursday is an afternoon game, but I will have to miss that one, damn work gets in the way of my baseball fun. Friday the Bisons wrap up the series and the home stand with a Friday Night Bash. But that is not the end of baseball for me. Saturday we are traveling to Syracuse for the Bisons game. I have never been to Alliance Bank Stadium (if that is what it is still called) so that should be fun. Then Sunday I am flying to Baltimore for the Yankees vs. O's game. I really don't like either teams, I am just going because I have never been to Camden Yards. I think I will have to break out the Cal Ripken Rochester Red Wings T-Shirt for that one, seeing he is going into the Hall of Fame that day.

So I should be busy this week. Anyone want to come over and mow my lawn or clean my house this week?

No comments: